Friday, August 1, 2008

studiopalooza: the little stitch

1

Artist Name: the little stitch
Website/Shop: thelittlestitch.etsy.com
Poppytalk Handmade: Table 117
City:las vegas

Where in your home/apartment is your studio located?
My studio has actually taken over the dining room.

2

What equipment/tools do you use?
I very old but reliable kenmore sewing machine, different blends of felt, lots of printed & unbleached cottons.

5

Do you have an inspiration board, and can you tell us what is inspiring you now?
I have a inspiration board & over 5 full sketch books filled with magazine clippings that i've worked the last 10 or so years accumulating. My biggest inspiration at the moment is actually 2 different japanese magazines -
Milk, childrens magazine & the fashion magazine - Fudge.

How do you create best (e.g. do you listen to music while you create and if so what?
I mostly listen to non stop music at night (radiohead, klaxons, nine inch nails & brmc) or have bravo tv playing in the
background when I sew.

4

List (3) of your favorite artists

shimandsons.typepad.com
yvestown.com
theblackapple.typepad.com
letrainfantome.typepad.com

If yours isn't, what would be your perfect studio?
That would be a run down farmhouse somewhere in the country, preferable where I grew up in western new york. I'm still working on that hopefully when the lease runs out on this place that will be next.

3