Thursday, July 31, 2008

phm studio spaces: sweet pea ink

s

Artist Name: Cristina Sequino
Website/Shop: sweetpeaink.com

Blog: sweetpeaink.typepad.com/borntofly
City:Leesburg, VA

Where in your home/apartment is your studio located?
A dedicated room in our basement.

What equipment/tools do you use?
My computer, Adobe Photoshop, Epson R2400 Printer, Vintage Clip Art & Ephemera

Untitled-3

Do you have an inspiration board, and can you tell us what is inspiring you now?
Yes. I keep two magnet boards side by side. One to display projects I’ve just completed, and the other for bits and pieces of work I admire from others. I so admire the photos of studios that are perfect clean, tidy and sparse. That is so not me! I am definitely a lover of the visual, and keep bits and pieces of inspiration, color and tools all around my space.

How do you create best?
Flipping through magazines and catalogs will send me off on creative spurts. Scraps of vintage paper, old photographs and antique fairs are all sources of new ideas. I will actually create about 20 different note card drafts and then delete them all because they are not “just right.” Then the “right one” will come along and BOOM I’m off on a creative whirlwind.
I’ve been told that my creative process is, “backwards.” I rarely have the end product sketched out or even finished in my mind. I start out with one small image, idea or quote that I like and then piece things together from there.

1

List (3) of your favorite artists

aliedwards.typepad.com
teresamcfayden.typepad.com
rebeccasower.typepad.com

If yours isn't, what would be your perfect studio?
Love my studio, just dream of having windows to let in the light!

**Special news…I just found out Sweet Pea Ink will be mentioned in the August issue of Stampington and Co., “Artful Blogging” magazine!**

ribbons