Monday, July 28, 2008

phm studio spaces: signs by diane

Dianestudio2JPG

Diane Coyle
SignsByDiane.Etsy.com


Where in your home/apartment is your studio located?
It’s in the finished basement of our home. It used to me my kids’ playroom but my sign business has now taken over.

What equipment/tools do you use?
Power saw, power sander, paint, stain, sealer, computer, die cutter

Do you have an inspiration board, and can you tell us what is inspiring you now?
No I don’t have an inspiration board but I do save pictures of great looking signs. I get my inspiration from driving around and seeing signs as well as going to flea markets. I also love to travel and we recently went to St. Paul De Vince in France where there was an incredible assortment of signs hanging out on the streets of the boutiques and shops.

dianestudio3

How do you create best (e.g. do you listen to music while you create and if so what?
I love to listen to classic rock. It gets me motivated!

My favorite three artists happen to be very contemporary although I love vintage.

Dale Chihuly chihuly.com
George Nakashima nakashimawoodworker.com
Annie Haslam nniehaslam.com
Annie Haslam is a good artist but I have to admit that she’s my favorite singer! Amazing voice!!


If yours isn't, what would be your perfect studio?
My perfect studio would be a nice large cottage out back (with a lovely view of the ocean. but I’m dreaming now!) I would have lots of room to spread out with lots of table space and everything nicely organized. A place for everything!

Dianesstudio