Saturday, July 26, 2008

phm studio spaces: pixel impress

studio3-1

Artist Name: pixelimpress
Website/Shop: pixelimpress.etsy.com
City: Snoqualmie,Wa

Where in your home/apartment is your studio located?
My studio currently occupies a spare bedroom in our house. But most often I find myself working at the kitchen table to be near the puppy, the TV, and the kitchen for quick snacks.

What equipment/tools do you use?
Paper, paper, and more paper!, bone folder, envelope lining templates, rubberstamps, ink, glue, paper cutter, laptop, epson printer, silk ribbon, ...

worktable

Do you have an inspiration board, and can you tell us what is inspiring you now?
I have an inspiration bowl filled with home decorating magazines, photos of plants in my garden, and just yesterday I picked up a box of matches with the most gorgeous colors on it.

inspirationbowl

How do you create best?
I create best when I know there's nothing else pressing I need to do but make stationery, a sound asleep puppy, and "Fatal Attraction" on in the background.


List (3) of your favorite artists:
Yikes! They don't have websites, but their work is in my studio. The gorgeous and so-detailed-that-it-blows-my-mind watercolor of paintbrushes on my desk and the orange graphic canvas on the top shelf that's actually a distorted photograph of a pansy.

If yours isn't, what would be your perfect studio?
I'd love to have a room with lots of windows, antique tables where I can spread out several projects at once, loads of storage for all my supplies, and walls covered with inspiring artwork.

studio2-1