Saturday, July 26, 2008

phm studio spaces: olive

maddie 306

Artist Name: Fallon Akers
Website/Shop: oiive.etsy.com
Blog: xxsweetfancyxx.blogspot.com
City: Henderson , Nv.

Where in your home/apartment is your studio located?
My little work shop is in our spare bedroom. As I began to sell on Etsy My fabric collection grew too large for the kitchen table!

What equipment/tools do you use?
My Sewing Machine, cutting mat, a grid for measurments and a rotary cutter.

maddie 310
maddie 308

Do you have an inspiration board, and can you tell us what is inspiring you now?
I do have boards for things I like but I find most inspiration from things I see. Often times I see things as they are not meant to be. One of my pillow designs is of a sheep. I got the idea from an illustration of a man. Sounds strange I know, but to me I saw an adorable sheep with long skinny ears.

How do you create best (e.g. do you listen to music while you create and if so what?
I MUST listen to music while I create. Its a big inspiration. I often listen to my music folder found on my blog where you will find my favorites like Morrissey and Badly Drawn Boy. I also can listen to Frank Sinatra for hours. My creativity flows best when I have new fabrics to work with so I make many stops to the fabric shop. I create late at night often until 3am so I usually have a coffee or a spike (energy drink) to keep me from nodding off and I tend to snack on oven made orange rolls, yumm :)

maddie 305
maddie 304

List (3) of your favorite artists

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6012106.com=" target="_blank">
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5150300.com=" target="_blank">
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=31041.com=" target="_blank">


If yours isn't, what would be your perfect studio? I would love a small old house near the beach with noisy floor boards and lots of windows.

maddie 303